Quote and Credit

Quote and Credit

CLICK TO ORDER OR PREVIEW JIM LINDERMAN BOOKS

Things to Make SOCK MONKEY (In Time for CHRISTMAS)




CLICK TO ENLARGE YOUR SOCK MONKEY INSTRUCTIONS

Those of you who follow regularly know from time to time I post "Things to Make" and I am never kidding. It's the new reality folks.. don't think of this as a kitschy little gimmick. You can save a bundle AND give your friends a gift they will love by following these simple instructions, courtesy Nelson Red Heel Rockford Socks, the ONLY official sock of the sock monkey! You can substitute imported socks, but if so plan on the Sock Monkey lasting only a few generations.

Make the Sensational Red Heel Sock Monkey Brochure circa 1950 Collection Jim Linderman



Amplify

2 comments:

  1. Ooo! What a nice surprise! I posted my Grandmother's brochure here: http://vintagepatterns.wikia.com/wiki/Rockford_Sock_Monkey
    and here:
    http://vintagepatterns.wikia.com/wiki/Rockford_Sock_Elephant
    Everyone knows the monkey, but they pitched other animals, as well. I grew up in the Rockford area and I remember these things being everywhere when I was a kid. They kinda freaked me out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't you nice to comment. Yes, the brochure also has an elephant...obviously, since we didn't descend from them, it never caught on.

    ReplyDelete