Quote and Credit

Quote and Credit

CLICK TO ORDER OR PREVIEW JIM LINDERMAN BOOKS

Rock City? I thought you said TRAVELocity Snapshot Collection Jim Linderman




Visit the Gnome? First Travelocity booking? No, ROCK CITY!

Certainly makes me want to hike the trail. Rock City, or "SEE ROCK CITY" as any traveler as old as me will tell you, is an extensive tourist attraction anchored by Lover's Leap, a place you can see 7 states while you ponder jumping. At one time, according to Wiki, there were
900 barn roofs in 19 states painted with their slogan. This little shack may have been a part of the famous Rock City Corn Maze, or maybe not.

As for the gnome, the goofy wife of creator (Rock City creator that is, not THE Creator...who put the rock there) Garnet Carter was probably responsible, as she had a thing for European folklore and she likely made her husband Garnet spend a fortune on such things.


Rock City is also credited as creating the first miniature golf course, an accomplishment which darn well automatically puts the place on my first choice for historic site. (I'm not kidding. I LOVE putt-putt golf!)


Rock City is also home of the famous "Fat Man Squeeze" which I am SURE traps far more people now than when the place opened in 1932.


Rock City has a website
HERE with the appropriate address seerockcity.com

Original snapshot "Rock City" circa 1940 Collection Jim Linderman


ORDER DULL TOOL DIM BULB BOOKS AND EBOOKS BY JIM LINDERMAN HERE

1 comment:

  1. Well, Rock City was the first place I took my son when we first went to Chattanooga. He was four and a half and had been stuck in the truck with us (his folks) for a day or two driving driving driving. When we got to Rock City, he ran and ran and ran. We loved the experience, cheesy as it was . . . and I love your images here, recalling the whole thing. Thanks!
    Erin Gafill

    ReplyDelete