Quote and Credit

Quote and Credit

CLICK TO ORDER OR PREVIEW JIM LINDERMAN BOOKS

So, what's with this family? The New Book by Milton Simpson


Graphic designer and gentleman Milton Simpson has published a new book which tells the story of a most unusual set of erotic folk art figures he found, his attempts to find out why they were created, where they came from and what they were used for! I know the work as the "Woodbridge Figures" but here is the story, told visually, and it is a good one! So, what's with this family? Great objects and with Milt's visual sense a beautiful book.

Mr. Simpson is already recognized for producing two of the most outstanding folk art books, Windmill Weights and the influencial Folk Erotica. To preview and order "So, what's with this family" CLICK HERE and you can also see the facsimile edition of Windmill Weights he has made available as well.

6 comments:

  1. Wow, a whole book on the Woodbridge figures!? I had no idea he found them, just know the story. Can't wait to get this book. Thanks for the heads up Jim!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Milt is the kind of guy everyone in the world should be able to meet. Thanks Joey...share it around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had Folk Erotica for years and it has a treasured spot on the bookshelf. I went through the Blurb preview of the new book and was getting SO into it and then the preview stopped. Damn! Putting my order in now...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm overwhelmed Jim. Thank you very much for the kind words.
    Unfortunately the Blurb preview—only 23 pages—did not show the folk art experts (whose photos were shown in the book), who helped me better understand stuff on the journey I described. You, of course, who shares my fascination for other unique gems of Americana, was pictured. Thanks again.

    Milt

    ReplyDelete
  5. I live on the street that dead ends at the rear of Woodbridge Center. Where the old Church once stood is a 5min walk from my house. Its all built up now of course, but you can hear sounds just sort of disappear in that area.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ordered, I had no idea a book was available.

    ReplyDelete