Quote and Credit

Quote and Credit

CLICK TO ORDER OR PREVIEW JIM LINDERMAN BOOKS

The Early Gigantic Upskirt Silver Foam Soap and the Clean Billboard









Silver Foam Granulated Soap seems to have "left the (grocery) building" and joined the league of dead brands, but it certainly wasn't for a lack of taste. As you can see, their logo featured a hard working scrub woman with giant cheeks. She is working up a lather to match Lawrence Welk's bubble machine!

So falling under the category of "World's Earliest "Upskirt" photo (if you don't know what that is, check your son's phone camera) I have posted this on the Vintage Sleaze blog as well. But how many upskirt photos do you know with a robot featured in the middle of the desert with her gigantic glutes facing the traffic?

In case you think me demented for describing this logo as a stealthy and secretive photo technique, I am certainly not the only one. Note the "fine print" on the billboard. "Danger Electric Fence" and a "Reward $25.00" sign. Obviously, it was something to leave your car and peer up at...but for some fellas it got out of hand and they spoiled it for all by climbing up to grab a closer look. That there was electricity leads me to believe our washerwoman was an automotan, but I can't tell for sure. Make that "automowasherwomanotan."

Like when little Theodore Cleaver climbed up to see what was in the giant coffee cup, I don't think there was anything up there...but it would be worth a peek to make sure.


Original snapshot, circa 1945 Collection Jim Linderman

2 comments:

  1. My father owned the Silver Foam soap company. In trying to find information about the K.C. Working Chemical Company, my daughter ran across this page. I had one of the boxes of soap still in 1991 Unfortunately, we had all our things stolen while moving. That was one of my valued possessions. I had a few of the dolls and they were not meant for anything like you suggest. My father was an inventor and invented some things used to this day (which he sold the patents on...unfortunately, too. She would go up and down electronically. There was one billboard in Long Beach on top of a restaurant on Long Beach Blvd. and Pacific Coast Hwy that had bubbles actually coming up from the tub.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a fantastic contribution. Thanks so much for taking the time!
    Jim Linderman

    ReplyDelete