Quote and Credit

Quote and Credit

CLICK TO ORDER OR PREVIEW JIM LINDERMAN BOOKS

Herbert Freeman Orlando Artist







I used to be quite involved and enamored of what was once known as outsider art and is now known as who knows what. I can only do so much, so have drifted to other things. I don't know what to call it, but I have always felt the untaught are God's chosen artists, and no artist with art training, no matter how good, important or profound, has any advantage at all over one who creates without the training. I'll even go as far as to say those without training are even MORE exceptional for the most part, as it comes from an innate, still not understood but certainly no less difficult and no less important place. When created under less than ideal circumstances, as this appears, it is also certainly a far greater accomplishment. I have no idea who or what Herbert Freeman is, but this is exceptional work. More information is at The Freeman Project.

2 comments:

  1. What a fantastic project. Thank you for mentioning this site. Have a lovely Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just had the pleasure of meeting the man who pulled these amazing colors across his canvas. Thank you Mr Freeman... for the warmth of your kindness and conversation on this chilly night in Orlando. God's gifts are abundant within you sir.

    ReplyDelete