Quote and Credit

Quote and Credit

CLICK TO ORDER OR PREVIEW JIM LINDERMAN BOOKS

I Heart my Kanji Tattoo Art and Facts


At risk of alienating, well...14% of the entire US population, I confess to being indifferent about tattoos. It is a beautiful art to be sure, a friend has the most spectacular collection of antique tattoo flash you could imagine, and I mean a world-class big time serious collection of ART in a big font art. My favorite body modification is the pair of perfect tooth-shaped dog bites I have on my right elbow, the dog who gave them to me is a four-legged miracle. I was thinking about ink because Valentine's day is approaching and I was wondering if the heart is the most popular image. I gave up trying to verify it, but I can tell you one website offers (for $19.95 that is) access to over 10,000 heart images from which you may pick your favorite. I once saw a woman with a thong string and pouch tattooed on her lower back and found it pretty striking. In January 2008, a survey conducted online by Harris Interactive estimated that 14% of all adults in the United States have a tattoo. The highest incidence of tattoos was found among the gay, lesbian and bisexual population (25%) and people living in the West (20%). Among age groups, 9% of those ages 18-24, 32% of those 25-29, 25% of those 30-39 and 12% of those 40-49 have tattoos, as do 8% of those 50-64. Men are just slightly more likely to have a tattoo than women (15% versus 13%

"Hello Priscilla" linen Post Card c. 1950 collection Jim Linderman

3 comments:

  1. My 19 year old son just joined that 14%. A modest set of kanji symbols on the side of his chest. Raising kids is a trade off. Some things you give in to— some things you die on that hill for. This one, not so bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just want to clear Batman's name. Your favorite body modification was made by the late great Zimmy's fangs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They BOTH bit me. And John? you have my sympathy. If I were a kid, I would say "don't you want me to be AT LEAST as special as one out of ten"?

    ReplyDelete