Jim Linderman blog about surface, wear, form and authenticity in self-taught art, outsider art, antique american folk art, antiques and photography.
Quote and Credit
Slotin Auction November 7-8, 2026
I always look forward to Steve Slotin’s auction catalogs and enjoy picking one listing to share on the blog. This time it’s a vivid Sister Gertrude Morgan work with hundreds of eyes…eyes she used to make with a steak bone as a stylus I once owned. I’m including a small picture of it…A once cherished tool in my collection of her paintings. Over the years I collected work by the New Orleans preacher and artist who epitomized what this field and this art is all about. I have shared a dozen or more of my former collection of her paintings on the blog, none as good as this one. The Slotin Auction of 900 works is held November 7 and 8. Bidding online is easy and fun. Top-notch.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment