Jim Linderman blog about surface, wear, form and authenticity in self-taught art, outsider art, antique american folk art, antiques and photography.
Ferocious Bear attacks Man with Knife (or vice versa). Original Drawing by D. B. Webber 1907
Folk Art Finder and sublime Seller Critical Eye Finds run by Kate Hackman did it again with a group of drawings from 1907 Ipswich, MA artist D.B.Webber. Bears are on the move here, as forest land disapears to copy cat mega-mansions of drywall and Data Centers. They are on the news daily somewhere, climbing trees to escape man and terrified mothers. I've been ten feet from a bear and her cubs as a friend and I climbed a ridge to see a mother bear and her young ones lumbering along. She didn't chase us, but we ran back down as fast as we could anyway I think Mr. Webber exaggerates a bit, but at least he does it with an ink pen. Creative Eye Finds posts new treasures on Sunday. Each week is a pleasure.
Man and Bear drawing by D.B Webber 1907. Collection Jim Linderman / Dull Tool Dim Bulb

No comments:
Post a Comment