A Pair of early 20th C. (circa 1920) painted by hand folk art signs advertising F. E. Slater's store. The signs were preserved by being used as shelves in a cupboard for nearly 100 years. Four pieces, total size of the two signs is 42" x 24". They were likely topped with "distance indicators" before being placed near the road.
Western Michigan origin. Collection Jim Linderman
See also Jim Linderman BOOKS The Birth of Rock and Roll and more.