Women with Dummies Female Ventriloquist with Vent Figures Vintage Photographs






Women with Dummies

Are ventriloquist dummies any less creepy when being manipulated by women?  Well, I don't see them as creepy at all, I see them as complicated, handmade and hand carved folk art objects with long and noble careers.  The dummies, that is.  The women with their hands up Woody's crotch might be a little strange, but the dolls (or using the proper term "vents" ) are fine with me.

Striving to be gender friendly in all endeavors, the author spent a decade collecting antique vintage photographs of ventriloquists with their tool, and while I cannot say total equality was achieved, I dare say you have never seen so many pictures of the "fairer" sex with blockheads before.  Dummy dames? 

All photographs collection Jim Linderman  From the Book I'M WITH DUMMY: VENT FIGURES AND BLOCKHEADS FROM THE JIM LINDERMAN COLLECTION (78 pages softcover $21.95, Ebook for iPad $5.99) orders HERE




BROWSE BOOKS AND AFFORDABLE Ebooks FOR iPad by Jim Linderman HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment