Quote and Credit

Quote and Credit

CLICK TO ORDER OR PREVIEW JIM LINDERMAN BOOKS

World's Tallest Cowboy ?


A big man thunders along the street in Colorado, 1931. Someone hired a giant. I suspected this could be an unknown photograph of Robert Wadlow, a tall drink of depression era water who passed away in 1940 at the age of 22, but he would have only been 11 years old here. Whoever it was could have certainly delivered a pretty big "HOWDY" and the ten gallon hat could actually be that! Feel free to participate. Any giant watchers out there?

Unknown parade participant 1931 Colorado "NeverFade" photograph collection Jim Linderman

9 comments:

  1. I'm 99% sure that's Al Tomaini. He was a circus performer and married to Jeanie The Half-Girl. They looked even more impressive together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yea..totallly! THANKS! Good work...YOU WIN A FREE DULL TOOL DIM BULB T-SHIRT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blithery....send me your address for free shirt.
    J.winkel4@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...and they said my interest in sideshow performers was weird and useless. They were only half right!

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And it couldn't have been just a trick of the camera? Notice the camera is at ground level...but I guess that's not as much fun as being married to Jeanie the Half-Girl.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That man is August Klindt, The Gann Valley giant, he was 7'2" and lived in South Dakota

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ben got it right. That is August Klindt and not Al Tomaini. Klindt is one of the lesser known giants and might not have been quite 7'2" tall.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I knew August klindt when I was about 18 years old. He and his brother prince was friends with my dad. When August passed away upstairs at princes house my older brother and I helped carry him down the stairs to the hearst.

    ReplyDelete
  9. August was a friend of my parents in Wessington Springs, South Dakota. He was retired and lived in the hotel across from my father’s clinic. Dad would pick him up and take him on calls. He is thought to be the tallest Sheriff in American history. I have a pair of his bib overalls.

    ReplyDelete