Quote and Credit

Quote and Credit

Ugly Popeye Wooden Yard Sculpture Folk Art Guardian







E.C Segar's and Max Fleisher's tuff guy, and the son of MY favorite character Poopdeck Pappy, the one and only Popeye. Now one thing I do not have to do is tell you who Popeye was.

Or Do I?

Years ago, on an early episode of Antiques Roadshow, I watched toy appraiser Noel Barrett question whether Popeye objects would have value in the future as kids today don't even know who Popeye is. I think it was those "Beating up on the Japs" animated films they couldn't show later on when the war ended that did him in.

Of course my folk art lawn figure has no value anyway...but he does have a fine size, shape and color. I've saved him from the elements. He had ceased scaring the deer anyway.




The Animated Number ONE is above...dig the song! BLOW ME DOWN!

Yard Sculpture Popeye. Folk Art Popeye No Date. Collection Jim Linderman
DULL TOOL DIM BULB BOOKS HERE


Amplify

3 comments:

  1. That's probably the ugliest Popeye I've ever seen. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like a lamb in Popeye clothing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now if you can just find an Olive Oyl to keep Popeye company!

    ReplyDelete