Quote and Credit

Quote and Credit

CLICK TO ORDER OR PREVIEW JIM LINDERMAN BOOKS

True Love and the Worst Comic Book Company Ever






If the girls my age were reading these (and I think they were...) it is no wonder I always did better later on with younger women. Talk about warping young minds. Devoid of plot, inked terrible and presenting a facile view of love. There are so many continuity problems from panel to panel you'd think they were drawing a "what's wrong with this picture" game. Charlton Comics, as you might expect, paid the lowest rates in the business. On the other hand, they were the last company to raise their prices from a dime to 12 cents. Still no excuse! I found these at a garage sale hoping for some spicy entertainment, but the ads are better than the stories. I rank them just below "The Adventures of Big Boy in Restaurant Land"

Five "Love" comic books, 1960-1962 Collection (unfortunately) Jim Linderman

4 comments:

  1. Ever looked through a Harlequin romance? I'm just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You think I kept them????

    At least these comic books are camp. Harlequins were only suitable for a campfire.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, the fact that these each have "CDC" up in the corner only makes them funnier. All this lovin' going on someone surely will need the Center for Disease Control.

    ReplyDelete